Why do you call me Lord, Lord?


This is the question that has been ringing in my ears all week. I knew it was the topic for discussion this morning at communitas, but even before that I knew it all week, and I knew the question is something I have been challenged with continuously, particularly this week. Why do I call Jesus Lord, but not listen when the Holy Spirit attempts to guide me? Why do I call out his name and ask for His help, and then turn my back and entertain my selfish desires? Why do I ask Him to bless my marriage, then dishonor my wife and my family? Why do I call Jesus Lord, and then run directly away from Him and pursue my own path? I do it because my heart is disconnected with His guidance. And so, I must dive into what it means to follow Jesus today, and confess with all my confidence at the foot of God. I pray that I have the will power and strength to listen when I am challenged with decisions of right or wrong. And I ask Jesus to help me. Always.

Comments

K said…
It's so cool to see you confessing your shortcomings in your blog. Most people who look at you would say that you would never dishonor your family. Yet when we hold ourselves accountable for our thoughts and actions we really see how we can dishonor those we believe we love more than anything, when we put ourselves first. Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.