Encouragement Just the Same.

This week has been a very gigantimous encouragement to me on all fronts. I was fortunate enough to travel to GR for some training for work, and the training was incredible. It really elevated my thoughts on opening a new school, and what the PD might look like for a new staff as we dive into some pretty hefty topics and initiatives with our company. I had time to process my thinking on how to support teachers and students in a challenging process, and I was encouraged by my ideas. I was encouraged by people I haven't seen in nearly a year congratulating me on our hard work, and wishing the best for the future and my potential school. Encouragement just the same.
I also got to spend some quality time with my dma crew. My stomach muscles always hurt after being with them, as the joy that comes from our conversations sometimes overwhelms my spirit with laughter and smiles and fun. Cdubs now is in the house, and it was great to spend time with her. I was encouraged in the fact that she possible could come to ny and work at my school. Is this God's plan for her? No idea at this point, but I am encouraged just the same.
I am also very encouraged by the growth our students are demonstrating on their winter tests. Some students have grown over a year. Some over two years. That's in six months time. It is very encouraging to see the hard work our staff is involved in begin to bear fruit. All this and knowing that this fall will afford the same opportunity for more students at a new school in Brooklyn. Encouragement just the same.
I also was encouraged in a fast with bk, and that started with a conversation with a man on the plane I sat next to. I am certain that God put him in the seat next to me, and that this also may become a new friendship with great implications. I was encouraged by our conversation, his open attitude in sharing his successes and challenges in his life with two daughters, and offered to mentor me in the future as the k girls grow older. But one thing stood out in our conversation. He talked abou how one of his mentors challenged him to pray specifically for something he desired. That thought resonated with me, and so during my fast I specifically prayed for something related to my job. I did my fast a bit differently than I have in the past, but to make it to the point, just before I broke my fast, I got a voicemail from my supervisor, and he told me that what I had prayed for is nearly certain to happen in about 10 days. Encouragement just the same.

Comments

Anonymous said…
gigantimous to read all about your week.

I keep telling people how amazing God has been in the path he has plowed for you in NY. His desires are coming to pass in your life, as you continue to surrender.
tmp

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.