Casa de Kelly - a nice place to dine.


It has been a challenging week for me personally. Struggling with some things personal in nature, nothing that I need to go into, but just working hard to keep my chin up. But encouragement comes to me through others that follow God. Thanks to sick Pete for his encouragement to me this week. Thanks to BK for his prayers and vulnerability.
But my biggest thanks goes out to the kkft. After a tough week, I got an email yesterday from superstar saying she was hoping to take me out to dinner for drinks, conversation, and even dessert. But no sitter. So her and the girls were working on 'casa de kelly' restaurant in our apartment. I am almost certain it was the best restaurant I have ever visited in my life. Candlelight, mexican food and latin music, time to sit and chat with my wife, the girls serving us and giving us privacy (even had the taboo buzzer to call them when we needed something :)), it was my best night of the year by far.
But perhaps the biggest part of the night is discussing with my superstar the fact that God wants us to live for TODAY. Not tomorrow, not things, not a job, not doing. TODAY. And so, today, I am in the moment. I am praising Him for my job. My home of 'casa de kelly', my wife I love dearly. My neighborhood. My friends at work. Sunshine. Blue skies. The love of others in my life. Food to eat. Even for McDonalds Diet Coke. Today I will stand tall with my chin up and focus on Jesus. As best I can with what I have. Today. Thank you superstar.

Comments

'casa de kelly' sounds like a nice place! We're all trying to get through our own things in our own way. The most important thing for us all is that we just have to keep moving forward. We gotta take a breath, take a step...and that's all we can really do. We'll be alright. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.