A new year, a new creation.

Happy 2010. Another year, and another decade has come and has gone without warning. And so begins another opportunity to reflect on the year that has passed, and to set some goals and dreams in place for '10. Or is it 0-10? Twenty - ten? Whatever. The year that has passed was quite a year as far as I'm concerned. We sold our home, moved to Brooklyn, and I acquired a job that is pretty incredible. We found a place in an awesome neighborhood, and strive to meet new people each day in this city of over 8 million.
But as pastor spoke today, I was reminded once again that the promise from God is for us to be a 'new creation', and that the old is gone, the new has come. And 'in christ' we are new again. Today was a very cool way to start 2010 for me, I got to play the guitar as part of the band for communitas, and play a Danny Cox song that screams into my soul-New Creation. That's what I am now-a new creation. Let's review-I used to strive to serve myself, now I get ticked off at myself when I find myself creating opportunities to self serve. I used to consume food whenever I wanted and did not regulate my health, now I get a bit punchy if I don't go for a run or work out. I used to smoke over a pack of cigarettes a day, now I sometimes get nautious when I smell it. I used to take my wife and kids for granted, now I seek opportunities to spend time with them or serve them individually. I used to seek 'stuff' to put in my house or garage, now I want less and less.
So my goal for this year is to reengage with God, with the Holy Spirit, and to follow Jesus with more ferver and desire. I want to seek Him like never before and to continue to push away my selfishness, and to work harder at engaging with other people. I desire to spend time each day seeking His will for my day, for my life, and for my heart to be changed. And I know that in Him, all things are possible. 362 days to go. Must focus.....all......power.......one......inch.......

Comments

Charlotte Kelly said…
I don't know, I kinda prefer the overweight, cig and pot smokin, self serving guy I fell in love with. Why'd God have to come along and change you? Ahh, at least he left your sarcastic sense of humor :) I loved being a part of your day-but at church. Love you and thank God for you daily.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.