You're Running

Well, if you are a regular T$ blog reader, you know that I have been on a quest from couch potato to 5k. The first day of the regimen started on November 18, 2008 if you care to review the blog posts, search 'couch' and you can read all about it. Or not. Either way, today is a monumental day for me. This is the first day that I ran my 5K without stopping. Without pause. Without a break in the action. I can run it in about 12 minute miles, which is a pretty good clip for me. This is exactly 18 weeks to the day that I began this quest. The first week, it was hard to run for a whole minute. Now, I can run for over three miles without pause. I used to be the guy that said runners were stupid people, and would ask "what the H would I want to do that for?" Now, when I go more than a couple days without a run, I miss the action. Sure, it took me twice as long as the recommended program. Sure, I had to modify modify modify. But I did it. With Jesus as my workout partner. If you have seen me lately, you may have noticed that my clothes are tending to hang a bit more these days, and not over my fat rolls. I really encourage you to take this routine for your own, and get through it until you can run a 5K without stopping. In combination with eating right, a spiritual diet of Jesus each day, and lots of love on top for dessert, I feel that I am the healthiest I have ever been in my life, and you can too. Try it. Email me when you make it through a week. I'll celebrate with you, and when you get to the 5K, we'll go for a run.

In other monumental news, I sit in Rochester, New York this evening in what is my first 'official' trip to New York for my new role with the company. I was warmly welcomed by my new supervisor today, and I look forward to learning a lot from him for as long as they will have me. It is an honor for me to be here today, as I release more and more of my daily choices to my Creator, and allow Him to lead my life. The glory and joy I feel in my heart today is beyond reproach. I love where God has me today, tomorrow, and always. With body, soul, and mind, I commit each day to his grace and his mercy.

You're running.

Comments

Superstar said…
1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato, four! Timm ain't a couch potato any-more! Hoooooray! May not sound like an impressive cheer in writing, but, I was tossing each girl in the air, watching them complete perfect straddle jumps near the ceiling, typing while they were in flight, and ending in time to complete the perfect catch. We are your biggest cheerleaders!
Congratulations!!! I'm up to the alternating running 5 minutes/3 minutes. Can't wait 'til I catch up to you.
Anonymous said…
I hope your job pays enough for you to get a new belt for those baggy drawers your walken around in these days. No more will you get flyers on your car to cOME TO THE FAT A** SALE. You are totally a Gap shopper now, Brother.
pickel head

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.