Full Time is Not Optional

As I continue to try my darndest to follow Jesus each day, I am continuosly encouraged by others that are on the same journey. When I really see someone engaging in the wrestling match that is detaching your selfish self from this world and trying to understand what it really means to follow Jesus, I am encouraged with all my heart, all my mind, and all my soul. I see others in this wrestling match, and I think I see the joy that God sees when someone really engages in the relationship God so desperately desires with each of us. That is really something that is cool to see with your human eyes, and with your spiritual mind.

And so as I pondered this this week, I had the notion that doing something part time is not an option if you are following Jesus. You either engage fully, or you are not really doing it right. I see things come out of the nugget, or out of my superstar, or out of the mouth of my daughters, and I see that full time is not optional. I must be present in the moment of following Jesus. I can't take a time out for my own sake. And believe you me, I used to take time outs to enjoy things of this world and disengage from Jesus at my leisure. But I continue to try my best to not disengage, and continue the battle in which full time is not an option. What will your box score look like?

Comments

Superstar said…
I don't know what a box score is? But, sign me up for full time Jesus.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.