This is my Church



The star and I took the show on the road this weekend to Mt. Bethel, PA, located on the banks of the Delaware River across from Jersey (pronounced Joy-Z). A special shout out to the Panks and my mom and dad for taking our girls so we could attend. So many thoughts ran through my mind as we drove along I-80 toward NYC. A powerful lingering thought for me was that the kkft will most likely make this trek many times in the future, and I will learn the road like I know 75 to the south now. To say this weekend was powerful would never be enough to explain it in human terms. I can tell you quite a few things that were again revealed to me, or revealed to me anew while in the midst of some of the most reckless people I know. First, I know in my heart this is where I will be and what I need to be doing with these people. At one point during the weekend, I went for a jog, and as I came back onto the property, I removed my ipod and enjoyed the most joyous noise I may have ever heard in my life. It was the sound of the joy of communitas as they played ultimate frisbee on the lawn. I stopped in that moment and reveled in the joy it brought to my heart, and I soaked up those few moments with Jesus at my side, and enjoyed what I think God was enjoying gratefully. A group of people engaging with the truth of His word, His son, and His call on their lives. I sat down on the pavement (you can see the pic I took and more at this link) In that moment, I clearly heard God say to me "This is my church." Herein lies the joy that I speak of. God is delighted when we join together and honor his will. I got to share in that delight with Him as I watched through the trees. You couldn't see everyone clearly, and you couldn't hear anyone clearly. But God made me feel like that is how the world is-you can't really see the good and hear the goodness He created, unless you stop and engage with His eyes and ears, and listen to Him speaking to you. That was just one moment of the retreat.
I also got to spend time with one of the greatest teaching pastors EVAR. My spirit is overwhelmed with the gift the pastor has to pour the words out into your heart in a way that is new and inviting each time He teaches. It has been too long since that teaching has been poured out into my spirit.
Another big pro was getting to spend time and catch up with other members of what used to be the launch team. Hearing about their new lives in the city, the opportunities to trust and grow and serve for each member in the city is incredible to hear about and see unfold. The kallens and briggsy (who got better) and blazs' and ellie and kushmonkey climbing a tree and all my dear friends in Christ. Much love overwhelmed my heart throughout the weekend with a handshake, a hug, a meal together, a conversation, even a quiet walk.
Further-it is incredible to meet new people that have joined communitas in what is the dangerous mission. Praise God for a couple that joined and played worship music (along with titillating bonfire conversations, mind you) to hyper develop the opportunity for imagination in Christ. This provided T$ with an opportunity for only the second time in his life to experience Jesus putting his arms around me while praising His name together with communitas. That has only happened once before, on our plunge that began this journey.
So much more to tell, but you've digested enough of the flesh for today, which is the bread of life. Go read John 6 right now and I'll tell you more later. Go.

Comments

Tim- So glad you and Char made the trip. Reading these comments sent my joy level through the roof

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day