You're Almost There

So the couch potato to 5k is tough, but I am getting there. I can run about 2 miles without stopping on a regular basis now. I have even run 2.5 on a few occasions. I have not pushed the last couple of weeks of the training, but I do know that I am running regularly-good excercise-and I am getting more fit. I broke the 190 barrier this week, and it feels good. That takes care of the physical. I am almost there....

Mentally, I am in a good spot. I am learning a ton about urban education and what that really means on the ground, not on paper somewhere in some legislator's office. Not in some suburbian dream. On the ground. I think I am getting ready to mentally be a full time urbanite. This school year has given me some foundations and groundwork that was much needed to allow me to have the mental capacity to be from "the city." I am almost there....

Now onto the spiritual. The last year and a half has been the most powerful of my life. I now understand that tapping into the holy spirit is not something you do on the weekends, it is a lifestyle that you choose to select, or choose to delete. If you are not reading the bible, spending time to "Be still and know that I am the Lord", you can not access the power, grace, and mercy that is free for the taking from our Creator. As I ran my miles yesterday, I pondered the incredible job that only God could have dreamed up, the relationship with my wife that God has deepened, the love I have for my children that continues to grow, the complexities of the next steps in moving to nyc, and I heard God say to me: "Almost there." I pray that God will continue to reveal to me my iniquities, my shortcomings, and my desparate need for His grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day