On the way to living a Dream.

So I get an email on Tuesday from recruiter lady, who I haven't heard from in a while. See, she works for the company I work for on an ongoing basis, not just a one time deal. She says something in her email like:
"I want to talk to you about getting you out to nyc this year, and what that might look like. Give me a call if you have a chance."
So I call her to talk about it. She asks me about how things are going, etc., and then she says that they indeed want to move me to nyc for the fall. This has been a long journey, and there have definitely been some ups, particularly once I finally obtained my current position. There is nothing that I ever could have dreamed up like what I am doing right now, or the job God clearly was holding specifically for me in this company. It is clear to me now that this was His plan all along, and He waited for me to give Him some big things in my life before He opened the doors. So back to the story. Recruiter lady tells me of the charter for a school in East new york that obtained final approval on Friday. They would like me to maintain my pir status, and go to this school and work in somewhat of an ap/dean role as a friend of mine opens the new school. So I get to be on the ground in a brand new school in Brooklyn for a whole year-the first year. Then I will go and open the school that is pegged for me to become principal in bay ridge-a school of dreams.
And so this appears to be the next step on the way to an incredible opportunity. I never thought this is what I would be doing this year, at this point in my career, at this point in my life. After playing a Christian in my life for many years, I actually began to engage in what that actually meant. To wrestle with who I am as a follower of Jesus Christ, and to shed all the stigmas and rationalizations that my mind and my society have led me to believe. And this has continued to strike me in my daily life since the day I knew God was challenging me to more in my life:

I am currently reading Matthew-and this is what applies to my story. In Matthew 4, Jesus is on earth as the Son of God, and the devil tempts him in multiple ways. How does Jesus deny the human desire to serve himself instead of serving God's wishes? How did Jesus three times deny Satan and his desire to mislead Jesus? Through the power of the Word. And if you don't pay attention, you might miss something that God clearly taught me this morning. Matthew 4:11 seems a simple verse of the bible, but to me the implications will never be so powerful as they are for me today:

4:11-"Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him."

I allowed satan to trick me often in the past. It is something that I am more and more cognizant of each day. I have not been perfect, and I know I never will be. But I can tell you this. I don't think this job would have come to me if I had not continued to deny satan. I feel that the angels have come to attend to me. I feel the hope in the fact that if I turn to the Word for my hope, if I seek to know and love the Lord, if I seek to trust his will for my life, the angels flower around my head and protect me from harm. And the choirs of angels rejoice in the heavens when I and my Christian brothers and sisters here on this earth show the love of Jesus to others, and resist satan, and serve others before ourselves. Thank you God for attending to my needs in more ways than I could ever phathom.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I HEAR THEM, THE SONGS OF PRAISE THAT COME FROM THE HEAVENLY HOST. I HEAR THE JOYFUL SONG OF REJOICING AND WORSHIPING OUR KING. THOSE ANGLES ABOVE WILLING TO COME AND TEND TO THE LOWLY OF HEART, THE MERCYFUL, THOSE WHO SERVE. YOU ARE A MAN LEARNING TO LOVE AS CHIST LOVED, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK. KEEP RESISING THE WORLDS WAYS OF THINKING AND LIVEING. PICKEL HEAD
That is so awesome. I love the new picture! Also, maybe you can check into your company's policy about moving. I think it's called relocation, but sometimes companies take over the selling of your house.
Morgan's Mom said…
I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to hear that news!! So awesome. Continue in your hard work and persistence with God and good things come to those who have waited longer than others!
PEACE!

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day