Uncle Wesley

I never knew I had an Uncle Wesley until today. You know how I found out? I listened to God's push through the Holy Spirit. I got an email from my aunt saying my uncle was doing great. So I responded that that was good, but I didn't know why. He had hip replacement on Tuesday, unbeknownst to me. So I felt God urging me to go visit him, so I did. I learned his name is really Wesley. I learned about his dad. I saw his heart in our conversation, and he asked me about NY. Not many family members ask me details, but he did. So we talked for a while on NY, life, God. He told me things I didn't know. God taught me that if I listen to him, I will learn things. Not just about myself, but about the people I care about, about the world around me that I haven't payed attention to. Uncle Wesley said he would pray for me, and I told him I would pray for him. If I hadn't listened, we wouldn't be praying for each other.

Comments

Sonyia said…
I just found out about an hour ago that an Uncle I haven't seen since my wedding day (over 10 years ago) has lung cancer. He's probably going to die is my guess. He's single with no kids - never been married. I survived nose cancer and the amputation of a leg, oh and two tours in Vietnam but I think this is going to get him. I wonder if God wants me to make the effort to go see him in the hospital. I just know he's going to look bad. I'm scared to ask God though .....
K said…
you must have missed the period of time whe mom and I were calling Collin, Little Wesley, before he was born

I am very glad that you visited Uncle Wesley too...

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day