Ripple

So I had to drive to Lansing for a board meeting for MAMSE today, and it was a snowy morning to start the drive. It was very pretty with the fresh snow on the trees, particularly the pines. It helped me to apply my learning from our men's group of appreciating God's creation. The beauty of the snow, the trees that will come back to life in the spring, the idiots that don't know how to drive when there is a dusting of snow....oh, wait a minute, thank you God for reminding me that you love that guy that was in front of me just as much if not more than you love me! I didn't even turn the radio on the entire way there. I tried to spend some time with God and listen to Him. I don't think that driving is a good time to REALLY listen to God, but I did enjoy the time.
In my time of travel, God continuously told me that I need to Read his word. I am currently in the book of Exodus, and I reiterate, it is great to read the Bible with new eyes. Yesterday, we had a snow day (WOO HOO!), and I spent an hour or so at the Pink Flamingo just reading. I read some powerful stuff in Exodus 23:20-22,24-27,30:
20 "See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. 21 Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him. 22 If you listen carefully to what he says and do all that I say, I will be an enemy to your enemies and will oppose those who oppose you.24 Do not bow down before their gods or worship them or follow their practices. You must demolish them and break their sacred stones to pieces. 25 Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, 26 and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.

27 "I will send my terror ahead of you and throw into confusion every nation you encounter. I will make all your enemies turn their backs and run.30 Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased enough to take possession of the land.

So, I send this to our launch team, as it really gave me hope and encouragement about what we are to do. Next thing I know, skallen sends an email telling me it is another confirmation for her to be a part of this. If I wasn't reading, would she have gotten her confirmation?

THIS IS THE R.

THEN COMES THE P-I felt convicted to spend time in prayer. I have been doing that regularly, but I know that is something God wants me to do and continue to do regularly.

THEN COMES THE L-I know tha tif I am not spending time Listening, and I mean REALLY SHUTTING MY BRAIN OFF and listening to what God is trying to tell me, I get lost in this world. "Do not be of this world, be for it." God has told me that a lot over the last six months.

SOOOOOOOOO-I am saying to myself R, L, P. P, L R. Then R, P, L. RIPPLE. That is what will happen around me if I spend quality time reading, praying, and listening. God help me to do each daily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day