Blogiversary Lesson Unleashed.

It seems almost unreal to type this: I have been keeping this blog for four years now. That seems pretty crazy to me - that it has been that long. Really crazy. I can tell you that I do enjoy blogging, and you may have noticed that I don't do it as much as I used to. Not out of lack of desire to do, not out of lack of content. Matter of fact, I could probably blog everyday and produce some good content. (All those in favor of me blogging daily for a year say "I") But take a look at my reflection after one year here. I would say that as I worked in the D, God started to grow me in my relationship with Him, and I certainly was learning a lot. Take a look at year two here. I find it interesting that year two seems to be more profound in thinking than year one. Onto year three here. So taking a moment each year to reflect on where God has led me has been a great excercise in learning for me, and I find it interesting that year four doesn't necessarily bring any more clarity in where my life is headed than year one, two, or three. I still am not certain what the future holds in my job and my work. I do know that this year in particular, God has led me to a place in my work where I need to depend more on Him, being very uncomfortable in new things I am doing, and I continually feel stretched thin in things I work on. And that may sound like a negative thing, but it is NOT. It strengthens my relationship with Him and continually points me to the fact that alone, I am nothing, but in Him 'all things are possible'. And further, year four I feel even more strengthened in my relationships. I feel that I am closer and understand and love my superstar now more than ever. I am far from a perfect husband, but I do know that I am more in love with her than I ever imagined. Similarly, my relationships with my kids, my family, my neighbors, my church compadres, and my amigos abroad feel closer than I have ever experienced. Even though I am probably more detached from most of my friends and family, I feel closer. And I think that is because my hardened selfish heart continues to be chipped away by God - my love for 'others first' as the Jesus creed teaches us grows each day, and I see the great benefits of loving like Jesus did - putting others in front of himself. I know that God leads me to love others, and I am getting better at it. And much like I did in year three, I reflect on the places I find myself, the people that I get to interact with, and the things that I am given the opportunity to engage in. This week, I celebrated awards with 71 principals and others that work in our organization. What an honor, truly, what an honor. To see the incredible work that people are engaging in that benefits the children (and the adults) that we serve each day. To think that I have an opportunity to (hopefully) have a positive impact and influence on those people that engage in the very hard work is amazing. To watch my friends - Clown, Colorado Joe, and Dr. C bubble up to the top of the pile. Emotions can overwhelm me thinking that these are the people I get to interact with. I get to work with the Aussie - and that I am certain God coordinated to grow each of us. To be able to sit and have a conversation with AD and be real about life and the pursuit of a Godly relationship and perspective. I am blessed. I am blessed. I am truly blessed. And as I landed in my city last night, as I looked out at the Atlantic, as I saw the lights of Brooklyn approach from across the Verazano, as I flew over Greenwood Cemetary and our Prospect Park - seeing the lights of our street, Grand Army Plaza, and my Brooklyn. As we (rapidly) drove down the BQE with views of this magnificent city I find myself truly unworthy to live in, and as my cabbie took the route along the Brooklyn Bridge park to avoid the BQE lane shutdown - which by the by has become what might be my favorite view and spot in the city - I felt like God assured me that I am where I am supposed to be. And that maybe that reroute was just a little extra special gift to bless me just a little bit more. Just a little extra sprinkles on top of my hot fudge sundae to be sure I knew that God was with me. I sat in the back of the cab feeling like I know that God has honored my decisions to trust him with more, as I tried to explain to AD in living with my hands more open now than they have ever been - that God honors that level of trust. And tears rolled down my face as I headed to the KKFT and my superstar. And my love of God and others continues to grow in year four like I never imagined. I know not what we shall face tomorrow. But I know He is with me. Always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal