Season of Trust

If you follow this blog, you are aware that over the last four years, I have really tried to open my hands that I hold my career in, and allow God to lead me in this area. Not been easy. Not going to lie. But it does get easier as I go. The last four years have really been a challenge in that area - at times I have felt like: "Really, God? This is it?" This year is a bit different. I am so thankful that God has given me the opportunity to do what I am doing. But a great conversation with AD has led me (once again) to the conclusion that I really don't know what will happen beyond this year. Much like pastor's present state of employment, we both really are not certain what will come. My hope and my prayer is that I can continue to do what I am doing, for the company that I am doing it with. I believe in what we are doing. I passionately support the vision and mission. But my position is not locked in beyond this year. (Sound familiar?) And so I have had a sense that God is doing something new with this. Maybe it is what I am now doing - maybe that is the new thing. Or maybe there is something elso coming. So I am trying to keep my eyes and ears open to wherever God might lead me in this season. And yesterday, I ran in @prospectpark, two loops I might add = 6.82 miles. (By the by, the second run this week over 6 miles) As I ran (and passed superstar going the other way on her loop), I took in the beauty of the park, this city, where I am. Not quite as beautiful with most of the leaves down, but beautiful rays of sun hitting the grass that is still green, the smell of fall in the air, and yet a chill that hit me whenever the wind broke through the trees. And it made me think about the seasons of my life, the seasons of the year, and our present season. And felt like God was telling me I am in the Season of Trust. I certainly continue to learn more about what trusting God means in so many areas of my life. I even bought a journal that has 'Trust in the Lord' on the cover and every page. When I bought it I thought 'yeah, this is a good daily reminder', and it has been when I sit down to share my heart with God and try to discern what He wants me to hear. But I can't help but wonder if the 'Season of Trust' will ever end? It doesn't seem like it, it seems like this is something that I am going to have to continue to do is trust God more in more areas of my life, with more of the things I desperately try to hold onto and not give to Him. But I enjoy this season, and presently hope it never ends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal