Treasure Hunting

This weekend was a time to spend on LBI with other men, where we spent some great times 'Treasure Hunting'. Although you may be thinking in your feeble little mind about risk and danger and great sail boats and vixens and maps and all kinds of booty (yeah, I just said booty), that's not the kind of treasure we were hunting. In Matthew 6, Jesus talks about seeking treasure that is not destroyed by moth or rust, and laying up treasures in heaven and not here in this kingdom. It was an incredible time to me to be with some of the men that continue to become my dearest friends and encourage me to seek His treasure. LBI is much different in January temperature wise, but still just as beautiful as ever to spend time on. Props to the ben-was for allowing us to use the beach house for a place to escape the city and press into some tough issues.
Thanks to the pastor and kallen for all their work in preparation of helping guide each other and the men that spent the weekend trying to understand what God's treasure is in their lives. There were a lot of laughs (Brian Regan and simple man stupidity always put laughter at a forefront), lots of delicious food, lots of great discussions, great times playing fun games, and quite a few tears. I was challenged to look at what I treasure, and that doesn't always add up to what God wants me to treasure. As I spent time really just trying to hear what God's treasure is for me, I felt like He was telling me "Trust is my treasure for you." I have been so challenged to trust God with more and more and more areas of my life, and there is one big area where I am currently struggling. It pains me to find myself at the end of my own treasure map and realize that I am not listening to His treasures, but seeking my own. This weekend challenged me to continue to seek His treasure, and do that each day, each hour, each minute.
I treasured this weekend with men, and I am thankful that God put it on my heart to organize this weekend and spend time seeking His will for the men that attended. My mind is scattered tonight as I unpack for this and pack for that, and leave again tomorrow to GR and more work. I am thankful for other men that seek His treasure. I am thankful that His word guides us to the treasure He desires. I hope to be able to continue seeking His treasure and help others to see His treasure.

Comments

Great story i like the post.
Travel Links said…
Great story by posting you its very useful for the visitors and I think your job is perfect.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal