Gifts for All.

I was certainly overwhelmed with the love and community of my broseph's friends throughout the passing of my mother. He lives outside of Phatlanta, and many of his friends and colleagues made the trek to MI to honor my brother and my mother in a difficult time. Here is a reflection that a chum shared with many that is certainly a gift to me, and hopefully to you:

Reflections
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork .Psalm 19:1 (ESV)
Have you ever stood before a majestic sunset in total awe of its beauty? As you stood there were you mesmerized by the sheer magnitude if its hues?
I recently had the honor to attend a celebration of life for a dear friend’s mother who had gone to be with the Lord. This celebration was unlike any I had witnessed. Yes there was sadness in the loss of a mother, wife, mother in law, grandmother, sister and friend but the sadness was displaced by the glory of God. You see, this saint and her family loved Christ. The celebration centered on the love that Christ has for us. As each family member rose to pay tribute to their mother, the presence of Christ provided them with insights and revelations that Christ was living through her. Their tributes were in reality a tribute to the presence of Christ among us and in those who believe.

My dear friend shared the beauty of a sunset that occurred the day before his mother came into the presence of the Lord. The beauty and the magnificent sun set was brighter and more glorious that mere words can describe but don’t you know it was God’s way of saying there is a celebration to prepare for, one of my children is coming home. I share this thought because when my wife’s grandmother went to be with the Lord, that very day we experienced the most beautiful sunset we had ever seen. I have come to believe that every time we see a beautiful sunset its God’s way of telling us of His glory and celebration that one of His is home.

From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the LORD is to be praised! Psalm 113:3 (ESV)

When a loved one, a family member or friend is called home by the Lord pause and thank God that His glory was shown through his or her presence.

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26 (ESV)

The next time you stand in the presence of a beautiful sunset or sunrise pause and give thanks, there is a saint in the presence of our Lord.

"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!" Isaiah 6:3 (ESV)

Comments

Wonderful. Great truth being shared. John's friends were wodnerful to travel up.
You are wonderful to post such uplifting posts. Love you lots...
TMP

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day