That's my daddy.

This last week certainly reminded me not only of the beauty of my mother, but the beauty of who my father is. I certainly would fight with anyone that is under the incorrect assumption that they have/had the best parents in the world because I win that argument every time. Sorry bout your luck.
Watching my father care for my mother in her final days was also a thing of beauty. He shared more stories with us this last week than I have heard from him in a long long time. I am just like my dad in that area. People may be confused on who I am - most would thing that I am an extrovert. But I'm not. I'm actually more of an introvert, and that continues to be enhanced as I get older. Anywho-my dad doesn't always go out of his way to speak to others. He is often quiet. I recall superstar wondering when we first started dating if our family ever talked. But the last week, he shared beautiful stories of he and mom, of their dating, of their early days, of all the times they spent together. He told us of the pact they made when they moved into the new house in the creek(crick) that they would never go to bed angry with each other. And I never recall them being angry with each other. Even when they were upset, they loved each other. He told us of the first time he saw her and what she was wearing. The time he forgot to pick her up for school and how mad she was. About how my mom told him 'he couldn't smother her'. About the poem "If you love something set it free. If it comes back to you it is yours, if it doesn't it never was." How mom gave him that a long time ago, and how he had to let her go because of who she is. But in his words "She always came back to me. No matter what." He told us of the day he shared the news with Grandpa Walsh. He told us of how she always served him. How she loved him. He told us of the marriage encounter experience and how they laughed so much that the other couples were mad about it. That joy was always present in their lives, and broseph, kt, and I are better people because of it. I couldn't even believe the eloquence he spoke with at the funeral when he described my mother. It was another one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced.
I love my daddy even more today than I ever have. He is a beautiful man. I hope that people might say that about me someday because if I can become half the man he is today, they will have to say that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i love ya brother!!

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day