Look out for the Bus.

It isn't so much fun being thrown under the bus. Particularly when you are not sure why someone pushed you under the bus. Today I struggle with the fact that other people in this world are not like me in certain ways. I am trying to understand God's hand in that, particularly when it seems to me logical and common sensical to go to a person you have a difference of opinion with. As I talked with superstar about this recently, she said something like: "Other people aren't like you in the fact that you will just go and talk to that person. Other people sometimes can't handle doing that face to face like you can." I'm not tooting my horn, I just don't get it when someone else has a problem and they don't come to you with it. They go to someone else, or worse, in a work situation to someone that supervises you. That doesn't even make sense to me. Just get over yourself and have the difficult conversation already. Then both of you can understand each other better, and actually build strength in your relationship when you are vulnerable and honest with each other. So as I lie on the pavement with tracks down my back, I look up and what is it that I see? The Grace of God in my eyes. He shows me grace and loves me, even when I don't deserve it. Help me, Jesus to demonstrate that kind of grace, and to not get angry with whoever it was that pushed me off the curb in front of the B68 bus.

Comments

Superstar said…
are you speaking metaphorically? Or did you get hit by the B68? And, part of what I said is that some people find it extremely hurtful when they are confronted by someone. Even if it is in a loving way. Some people are just so sensitive. Whereas, you and I tend to have thick skin and I am thankful. But, when approaching the sensitive people, it is hard to avoid hurting them or having them take things the wrong way. It's hard. When I assume people have thick skin like you and I, I end up hurting people and coming across as insensitive! However, I must agree...GET OVER YOURSELF....I love that statement.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day