"This Stinks."

I will tell you that this year has brought one of the biggest challenges of my lifetime to my plate. Cancer is something that strikes so many people in this world. It is a devastating disease that can be debilitating, himiliating, and lethal. Last year, we watched our neighbor go through a bout with breast cancer. With a one year old, it was so hard to see her in pain, without energy, etc. But she is doing well after all of her treatments, and the smile on her beautiful face is joy to our hearts.
But this year, it hit my mom. Peritanial cancer. I don't even know if that is how you spell it, to be honest. But it is not one that you can just treat, and have it disappear. But my mom is so brave, and so beautiful. It is so hard to live so many miles away from her and not be able to spend each day serving the loving mother that served each of us in our daily lives for all of our lives. Chemo has been tough, and there have been some hard days for her, and for all of us. But this week I was able to tie some work and a trip to Michigan together and come stay with her. After chemo on Monday, she has been pretty sick this week. But as I helped her into her bed at night, and gave her a kiss, she whispered: "This Stinks." At that very moment I wished so bad that I could just take on the disease for her. That she would be relieved of all of this hard stuff and that I could be the one to suffer. And just now as I type this in, I come to the realization that that is what Christ has done for me. He kisses me. He weeps over my pain and suffering. He tells me he loves me, and takes all of the pain and suffering and terrible things that attack me, and he puts them on his cross, and he dies - for me. It is so hard to watch your mom suffer and experience pain and hardship. But I lean on Him who strengthens me. And all I can tell you is : "This Stinks."

Comments

Chris Barnett said…
Well said! So sorry to hear about your mom, We will keep her in our prayers.

Miss you guys T$ and fam.
cemindia said…
Sitting in the airport in Hyderabad India praying for your mom, and your family.
cemindia said…
Sitting in the airport in Hyderabad India praying for your mom, and your family.
I'm praying for you T$. I'm glad you were able to visit with her. Hope all is well!
Unknown said…
Much love to you and the rest of the Kellys especially momma kelly!! Please let us know if we can ever do anything for you guys or your mom back her in MI!

You are in my thoughts and Sharon is in the Gerdy's prayers daily!
Peace bro,
BG

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day