Always with you.

This has been the hardest week of my life. And also the sweetest. So many emotions that it is difficult and challenging for me to wrap my head around what is happening at this point. There have been points of almost surreality, yes, I can say that word. There have been other points of spiritual clarity. Other points of overwhelming sorrow and grief. Watching your mother die is hard to do. But the hope I have in Jesus and knowing my mother is in heaven with Him forever is more comfort than words will ever explain. I am certain I will have so many things to blog about, but for today, this is all I can tell you. Yesterday as I ran, I felt like she spoke to me, and told me that she will always be with my dad. I had a vision of her sitting on the lap of Jesus with her beautiful little smirk. And then Jesus reminded me that He will always be with my dad also. And with me. It is an honor to share in the joy of who my mother was, and to celebrate the blessings she has brought to so many lives.

Sharon Maureen Kelly


Date:
May 28, 1949 - October 20, 2010


Obituary:
Sharon Maureen (Walsh) Kelly

61, of Wales Township, born May 28, 1949, died with grace and peace in her home with her family by her side Wednesday morning, October 20, 2010, after a brave and courageous fight with cancer.
She is survived by Timothy, her husband of 42 years, and sons John (Debbie), Timm (Charlotte), and her daughter and best friend Katie.
Sharon always served others before herself no matter what the situation, and cared deeply for others' needs before her own, especially her granddaughters: Allison, Brooke, Emily, Olivia, and Isabella. She laughed often, even to the point of tears with her friends and family, including her mother, Isabel Walsh, twelve sisters and brothers, and so many friends along the way. Her smile, laughter, and the joy of life she shared with all will be sorely missed, but never forgotten.
Sharon served students for many years in her career as the food service director for Memphis Community Schools, and always enjoyed working with her colleagues throughout her career.
Her family honors the memory of Sharon and invites you to visit and share memories Thursday 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and Friday 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at Kaatz Funeral Directors, Richmond, with rosary devotion service at 7:00 p.m. Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m. Saturday with 10:00 a.m. visiting. Rev. Craig Mayes, pastor of Communitas NYC, New York, will officiate.
Pallbearers will be Matt, Guy and Johnny Walsh, Todd Bagwell, Kyle Kobe and Jimmy Dobleske.
Memorials are suggested to The Sharon Kelly Memorial Scholarship Fund, to the established thru the Memphis Community School District.

For information and Guest Book
kaatzfunerals.com

Comments

Timm,
I'm so sorry for our loss. Your mom was really, really one in a million. Craig/I were so fortunate to have her as a sitter when we were small...I don't believe we would have had the great summer experiences and memories if it weren't for her care. She demonstrated love for her family and friends and family values that I today am passing on to my own children. What a wonderful woman.
Thank you for serving the Lord in Brooklyn Timm....faith on sleeve...it is awesome what the Lord is doing thru you...you are not only serving Jesus, but carrying on your mom's legacy!!!! Like you said....your dad is going to be a-ok. We will continue to pray him thru the days ahead.... so much love and focus goes to him right now.
love in Christ,
beth (jakubiak) becker
Dan said…
I'm just a stranger visiting your site but could not read about your mother without expressing that I am sorry for your loss.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day