Hurtful Recognition

It is so hard to know with absolute certainty at times what the right thing to do is in tough situations. My mom is not doing so well with her health because of the cancer. She is in Michigan, I am in New York. It crushed me when my dad called me to tell me that hospice began yesterday and the doctor said we should just make her feel comfortable at this time. It didn't crush me, thankfully, that my mom was ill, I know and trust that God is with her, and when she dies, she will be with Him forever. That is something that gives me 'peace that transcends all understanding'. But it crushed me that my dad is losing his wife of 42 years. It crushed me that he must go through this kind of hurt, and I am not five miles away to come and comfort him. Both of his sons are in different states, and that must make it all the harder for him. I don't often hear him call me 'son', but as we spoke on the phone more times yesterday than we have in months, he called me 'son' each time. And I could hear the hurt in his voice. I know the love my dad has for my mom, I have seen it so strong throughout my lifetime in all situations, even in tough situations. I am thankful that I had that type of man model love for his wife for me. He loves her so much. And he has to see her dying. That is hurtful. So today, the kkft will grab a plane to the D. We need to be with them this weekend. It is my hope that our love might ease their pain, if even for a moment. Please pray for my daddy. I love him so much. I am his son. And I am so proud to be the son of Hon and Hon.

Comments

Craig Mayes said…
May that peace that transcends all understanding- a peace that doesn't make sense in light of your circumstances, envelop your family. Jesus said that we would need The Comforter- and you all need him now. My prayers is that the comfort will be deeply experienced in the midst of your pain and sorrow. Love you!
Morgan's Mom said…
Praying for you and your family in this difficult time of need. I hope that the love felt from every hand that you are all touched with will bring comfort to your Dad and Mom. May all the happy times that you all shared bring comfort and overcome all the hurt. Peace be with you T$.
T$,

Cherish this time with your family. My heart and prayers are with your parents.

T.Brown

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day