So precious to me.

Well, the last few weeks have put me into a funk of sorts, but it appears that God has understood my funk, and is lifting me out of it. He continues to give me what I need, exactly as I need it, and it is quite obvious at this time that He cares deeply about me. Who knew? I have been challenged once again with not truly knowing what will happen with work for next year. What? You've heard me say that before? For the last five years or so? Correct boy wonder. But this week has once again given me an opportunity to engage with God, away from the turmoil and the noise of the city, which I love.
First part of my trip is spending a weekend with my dad. My mom has been gone for almost 6 months now. It seems quick to me, but as my nugget cousin said, it doesn't get easier, just different. So I get to enjoy being with dad. Spending time with him, enjoying each other, eating breakfast at the restaurant, cleaning the garage and having a beer, watching the race, listening to him snore while I watch the race, and a bunch of other fun things. I am really incredibly proud of my dad. I know that dads are supposed to be proud of their kids, but I am proud of him. Losing your wife of 42 years is not what most would describe as an 'easy' experience. Particularly when your wife was someone that served you always, loved others more than herself, and loved you more than she loved herself. That's not an easy thing to lose. But I am truly proud of how he is handling this part of his life with grace, and he is an encouragement to me, and an inspiration to others. Even though he has some tough hours (he told me himself, they aren't tough days, just hours) - he is still living life, and loving others with the love my mother shared with him. What an encouragement for me to hear him whistling as he walks down the hall in the morning, afternoon, and at night. I love you dad so much.
Further, this week I have been lucky enough to work with the aussie again as we look to develop leaders, create leadership learning paths, and better understand how to teach others the concepts of being a leader in service to those you lead. He is an incredible man with an incredible heart for people and for their success, and it is an honor for me to be on a team with him. This leads to the last point I will make on my sprouts that are turning into shoots which are turning into trees which, by the by, are blossoming. In my work this week I also got to spend time in conversation with AD (as well as the aussie). It felt surreal to me that I got to be in this conversation. AD has taught me so much about leadership - about what it really means to serve. To care about people's needs. To demonstrate that care. The conversations made me feel valued as a person. So much I have learned from him, and I hope so much more that I will learn as we move forward. Speaking of which, AD whilst presenting to all of the great leaders in our company pointed out verbally that the aussie and I will be working together next year developing leaders and leadership. That means I do know without hesitation that it will happen for next school year. And I am ever thankful to God for this great blessing week He has given me. It means a lot to me that He loves me so much. So much, it doesn't even make sense. And I don't even deserve it. Thanks God for the week I know is full of gifts of good things. And You are good. So good. So precious to me.

Comments

Charlotte Kelly said…
I'm SO glad you have had an encouraging week. It really doesn't make sense how God has blessed us. All glory to Him!

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.