My lover, my friend, my superstar.


Valentine's Day 2011 (pronounced twenty - eleven. Come on people, enough of the two thousand bit. Who said 'One thousand, nine hundred' in the last century - NO ONE.). I am not sure I understand this whole thing going on here. If you look at St. Valentine, he died as a martyr because he wouldn't give in to pagan society. So, tell me how we get to flowers, candy, and hearts? Not really a clear connection for me. A lot of people in history were referred to as "Valentines" if they also martyred themselves for Christianity sake. So I guess I want to be a valentine then, and superstar is the perfect intimate mate for me. Her beaty continues to amaze me each day. Why does God provide me with such a beautiful woman? Not just pretty, but beautiful. If you really want to know, SMOKING HOT. That's how I would describe her. There are moments (PG MOMENT OF THE POST) where I wish the kids were not at home because there are times where I catch a glimpse of her, touch her skin, or see her unbelieveable eyes and want to get intimate immediately if you know what I'm sayin. Because I'm just sayin. But it is more than sexual attraction. It is her spirit of serving and love and care for others before herself that makes her even more attractive to me.
I get an email on leadership each day, and there were some quotes from Booker T. Washington in today's and one of his on service pointed me directly to my superstar:

"The longer I live and the more experience I have of the world, the more I am convinced that, after all, the one thing that is most worth living for—and dying for, if need be—is the opportunity of making someone else more happy and more useful."

This is what my lover, my friend, and my superstar does each day. For me. For our children. For our friends, family, and neighbors. And I am madly in love with her. It has been just over 18 years that we have been 'an item', and my love for her is so deep, I could never get out of it. I mean, would you look at her? God's beauty.

Comments

K said…
I have known you for a very long time and I have to say that you are one lucky man. I love Superstar for you too!
Romantic Dinner said…
I am very happy to after read this post. I really like and I hope you will continue with nice and attractive post. Thanks for the sharing.
Thanks for the share your personal story I really love this post and i think you are great.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal