More than you ever dreamed.

This phrase kept hitting me yesterday as I ran. (By the by, up to the stoplight and back = 3.4 miles) That is more than I ever dreamed of running as an adult, and I think it might be more than I ever ran as a young adult when I used to be quite fit playing sports in high school. But once again the parallels between the physical and the spiritual resonate for me. I never dreamed that I would be shaving my mom's head as she goes through chemotherapy, but I did. And I did it with joy in my heart to be able to serve her in that way. Bald is the new black, by the way. I never dreamed that I would be living and working in Brooklyn, NY, but that is happening with joy in my heart as well. Being in the calm of wales certainly has been wonderful, but I do miss the pace and energy of my city. Never dreamed that I would be part of a church plant, but that also brings me joy. Never dreamed I would be married to the most beautiful woman in the world, but I am. Never dreamed I would have two daughters that are more beautiful than the day, but they are. But I am learning anew that trust is the key to more than I ever dreamed. Trusting God with all of my being is hard to do, but I am learning the more I trust, the more my dreams come true. Even dreams I didn't know I had come true, and then I realize that I had them. Will you trust? Will you hope in the Lord? This type of question is what I hear when I take time to be still and listen. And more dreams are revealed that come true....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day