Happy July 3rd.

I have to say this is a different kind of July than I have ever experienced. I am enjoying the fact that I am sitting on the front porch, warm breeze hitting my skin, the lazy sound of the breeze passing through the soy beans and the pine trees. In the past, July has certainly meant a change in the pace of life for my family and me. From working a lot of hours during the school year, when July hits, it is a time to sleep in for a while, chill out, spend some time with those you love, and the like. But this July, it is a removal of not only the pace of life, but the PLACE of life. From BKLY to the sticks of Wales Township, it certainly is a bit different in all aspects. First question I find myself asking myself is "where the heck is everyone?" Not that I am complaining. It is a nice change of pace and place. It warms my heart to simply spend some time with family, just realaxing, catching up, playing tennis (without a fee), swimming in the pool, riding the new go cart - even with mattsy - seeing friends. Did I mentino the breeze that I am enjoying right now? No constant hum of the city. A horizon that seems to last forever, sunsets that blow out your rods and cones until you can't take it anymore....etc. Shortly, the July I am enjoying will be over, and we will return to the city. But for today, I am enjoying the breeze.

Comments

K said…
I think my happy place is imagining I am sitting on your parents back porch or in the pool, listening to the wind in the pines. It's so quiet and peaceful, it's barely there. Glad you are here.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day