Lost in the Blogosphere

No, I am not really lost. It has been 18 days since my last post, and I am itching to post so many things that have happened over the last two weeks or so. I so much enjoyed spending time in Michigan, particularly time in serving my mom that has cancer. It is challenging to experience cancer when it occurs in friends, their parents, neighbors, relatives, and the like. But when it occurs to someone in your direct family, it is definitely different. I pray each day that God would do a miracle in my mom's health, and I believe He could do that. But it is certainly hard to see your own mother without her normal energy and unable to spend her entire day serving others, because that is what she would do any other time that we came to visit. But after a blood transfusion, her hemoglobin went back to 11 and she is feeling stronger. I hope that swing continues.
There was also much fun to be had among the work travels with family and friends. Spending time with the K's from GA, mattsy and the W crew, my nugget cousin, izorama and the girls girls girls. Priceless. Getting together with Jimmer, Hammy, mg, bb, cdubs (even though I got to spend the whole week with here in GR now-which is sweet!!!), panks, and a special sleepover night w Berman. So great to see people and spend time with them. I so much appreciate time with them more now. Which is a great learning point-take advantage of today and the opportunities you have with the people around you, it may be a time that goes away before you appreciate it.
So proud of Alli, who has the gene from her mom that makes you cry when you near the top of the first hill of the Millenium at Cedar Point, it was so fun to go on the rides with the girls, stay at the Maples Motel, swim in the wave pool during a rain storm, and travel down to GA.
And on to work-any disappointment that I experienced over not getting my own building is gone. I am provided with an opportunity to experience some new postitions (yes, plural) this year. I am certain that I will blog on this later, as this week continues to unfold some opportunities that I did not see coming. I am 100% certain that God's hand is in this new development, and the aussie is a new Christ following man that has come into my life. I am interested to see what God does with this relationship, and the work we have to do together. I was blown away this week with the realization of how God has put us together, and the fact that I get to help him with leadership training for our company. So excited to begin this new opportunity and can't even believe that I get to be involved in things that I so enjoy. This week, I even got up at 6am to run 3 of 4 mornings, and today, my heart was overflowing with praise for God and the work He continues to do in me, and the blessings I so don't deserve that He pours over me. More to come on all this later, certainly.
Finally for today, though, after being away from HOME for 34 days, I can't wait to get on the plane tomorrow and go back to Brooklyn. I loved spending time here in MI, and all the other states I visited, but there were times over the last month I longed to be in our apartment. I longed to see people and interact with the culture and business of NYC. I longed to sit on the stoop with my rican friend, have a beer, and laugh about back tendons and microwave juice. I am almost in tears just thinking about the fact that I get to go home tomorrow. I didn't mean for that to happen just now, but I think that God has given me a heart for where He continues to put me, and I praise Him for everything that is good.

Comments

K said…
the aussie is a Christ following man? how sweet is that????
Superstar said…
Yay, a blog post from my man. Missing you, but am also OVERWHELMED with the blessings God is lavishing on our family. Singing His praises from GA. Also looking forward to coming home next week!

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal