nowyagokid

I had a lot of fun playing men's softball back in the day. Friends and family enjoying time together, the competition of sport, the laughs that never ended afterward at a place called Winners (even though we were mostly losers). And when someone was batting, and a pitch was bad, before the next pitch, we would say 'nowyagokid'. This phrase suddenly popped into my head after last night. The search for the 'right' middle school for Alli has taken many many months. Meetings. Prayer. Considerations. Seeking advice. Attending things. Bus rides. Travel. Time. Effort. But it was all very enjoyable (i think). We found out last week that our daughter hit the lottery. (And the kkft joked last night about the fact that alli is the only one in the family that has hit the lottery) She was accepted into a charter school in Brooklyn. We found out about this after I met for lunch with a school board member from another charter school our company has in Brooklyn. He is on the board for both schools and told me about it. We did do some research, and it is quite impressive. Very responsive to middle level students, global learning, not just test scores, but developing the whole child, seeking IB status. Very impressive. Last night, we felt it was clear that this is where Alli should attend school. The smiles and the excitement were clear on all of our faces. Allison loved it. I know I continue to be impressed with it, and honestly, I'm excited about the fact that this is not a doe school where my child is just a number. Stand in line. Next. "Please wait over there, sir." So we even bought a T-shirt with the school name on it for the blond girl. Too cute. Even better is the fact that this is a new school that will end up being a 6-12 school, and it has sibling preference. The sibling thing means that when Liv gets to sixth, she is automatically guaranteed a spot. And that means no HS search/interview/application/meeting/time/etc. Superstar reminded me to not get too far ahead of ourselves, but I do really like the fact that this school seems to be a perfect fit with only 700 students at capacity for our 'small town' girlies. I am thankful that God led us to this school, and that He may have had something to do with her ticket being pulled at number 11. Nowyagokid.

Comments

K said…
HOW EXCITING!!! Where is it? Compared to where I have been. I am so happy for her (and you and eventually Liv!)
Anonymous said…
Super news. How great that you can see the plans of God for such a super investment into the girls education.
And super great about Olivia and her bright and beautiful mind. tmp
KT said…
P.S. Annette and I have taken on the "nowyagokid" and we are currently using it with our softball team. It is fun to use and I feel kind of neat knowing even tho my bro isn't here in physical presence, he's here in heart b/c I use his saying. Kind of neat in my eyes. Too bad I ripped/tore my plannar fascioutous this past Sunday and will be out for a few weeks now. Getting old ain't easy.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day