So much to tell about.

I still await a decision from the board on their selection as a principal. I at least think that I am doing well with that waiting, although I really wish it was all over. But I do trust that God is in control of all things in all situations, and I wait for Him to reveal to me what exactly this all means to me and how I am to grow in faith and patience and perseverance. I know my prize awaits, not in a job, not in a location, but in Him. I am reminded two day after two days on meeting with others in our organization that I have an incredible place to work with incredible people in an incredible organization. And my hope is that two years from now, I will receive awards for our school on behalf of all the incredible people that work there, and for the care and concern and hard work they demonstrate on a daily basis for our students sake.

I am also thankful for my beautiful wife, and my beautiful daughters. I love my wife so much it pains my heart to think that I put my self before her. I love every inch of her being and even when I get frustrated with her I love her deeply. I want to be with her, hear her laugh, and touch her lips to mine. I want to hold her in my arms and smile. I see her loving others, and so much loving our daughters, and her love overwhelms me. I am jealous of her love and her serving others. I am so thankful that God put a special place in my heart for her, and so many years before we even dated. As I reflect on how much I absolutely loved her well before we ever went on a date, I know that God put that spot in my heart and by responding to that, my heart is overjoyed in the love I get to experience in her.

I didn't blog at all about the Panks coming to visit our new home in Brooklyn, but what a wonderful visit we had. To have 11 of us in our apartment was fantastic, and 11 people in about 900 square feet would seem uncomfortable to some. But it wasn't. It is amazing to me to see the young men and lady that my niece and nephews are becoming, and have become. It blows me away to have been gifted with watching them grow from the little babies that I would wrestle with or tickle and throw on the couch in our basement on Alan Drive to the fine young adults that they now are. And to have them in Brooklyn seeing things they have never seen or possible would never have seen if we hadn't moved here....And so I am back to my daughters. I pray for strength and wisdom in getting them to their place in young adulthood. I hope I can do as well as the panks.

And my biggest learning is my struggle. My sin separates me from my creator. That separation leads to a lack of relationship with Him. Because I am sinning, I don't want to come to Him. It is not intentional, it is just a defense mechanism when I am acting stupid. Much like in human relationships when I mess up, it's hard to go to that person and admit stupidity or wrongdoing. But compound that with the fact that no matter how stupid I am or what I do, every single time I go to God with my sin, He forgives me. And that is so very hard to comprehend. I'm doing things that hurt Him and myself, and He always forgives me. Doesn't even make sense. Until you realize the Why? Love. It's love. It's because He loves me so much, that no matter what I do, His love is more than anything I could ever imagine, and His love covers my sin. I just wish that I could demonstrate that kind of love. I wish that I could figure out how He loves us that much. But that is why His love is a mystery. Because we can never get to the understanding stage of that love. I thank God for His love.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you could be a song writer. Your words are so heart felt. Love you forever, Pickel Head.
You missed some great soup tonight. Thanks for Letting them jump and travel.
Charlotte Kelly said…
I love your heart.....thanks for being transparent.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day