Non-typical.

I can't seem to count the number of years in my head to get back to the first Superbowl bows weekend extravaganza at JW's cabin. I think 10 or more? But this was the first Superbowl weekend in a long time that I did not enjoy the all male card playing beer drinking laugh induced stupor that goes along with our annual trip. Along with no water, no heat, or something like that on each of those weekends, was many laughs and enjoyable time together.

This year was equally as fun, however. It was small group friday-including thai food. KKFT Saturday night fun festival-while we air guitared with our girls to some of our favorite songs. And a 'mini' boys festival where 11 men came to play poker and enjoy the game. Although some people were mad that I won the pool several times, I clearly enjoyed the evening. A new tradition? Time will tell.

But best of all the non-typical events of the weekend was the book of Hebrews. Chapters 10/11/12 poured into my heart of struggle and renewed my sense of faith in my Creator. I love the way that reading the Bible is meant to change our hearts and our spirits, and I love even more when I take time to read it each day and I am changed because of my time in the Word. How unbelieveable for God to have people write things down and compose a book that would aid others in their search for His will thousands of years later? And yet, that is how much He loves us. That His Word would pour into our hearts.

And so I hope this finds a non-typical encouragement for you from Hebrews:

19Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Comments

Charlotte Kelly said…
I think I'll go read all three chapters, I'm inspired!
Anonymous said…
And just think you will have a non-typical Daytona 500 too.

pickel head

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day