Not for now.

This seems to be a pattern developing in a lot of areas of my life this week. First my cdubs not going to make it to nyc for this fall-so not for now. Meeting with the board that was supposed to happen tomorrow. Not right now. Hitting the lottery. Not right now. Fill in the blank. Not right now. So I am learning once again to lean on Him more in the moment. In the minute. In the hour. In the day that I am in. To not 'pack my bags and head off into the future' as pastor likes to say. To live for the moment and trust that His plan is much better than whatever it is that I come up with. And the 'peace that transcends all understanding' is palpable at times. Other times, I work myself into a frenzy because I'm too stubborn to tie up my selfish horse in the barn and walk out into the verdant pasture that He knows that I need and desire. So I pray that I would allow Jesus to help me tie up the horse and head out each moment of each day. And to realize that the Not Right Now Farm is an incredible place to tie up the selfish horse and go for a walk in the field where the 'lillies do not labor or spin.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day