Be Humble

It is a challenge to sit in the passenger seat for me. It is hard for me to allow people to make decisions I already think will not work out. Much like pastor, I don't like to pass by things and what I see as wasted time to do things that are not proven to be successful. It is hard to be humble. It is hard to put others first. It has been a challenge for me this week with all the things to do on the list for our new school opening to let go of things that I think should be this way or that way.
On the bright side, our family has a new home. It is beyond my belief to come home to my family in this city that is ours to live in and serve others. Meeting with the pastor this week in our new city renewed my sense of growth and accomplishment in personal and community growth for communitas. I am so looking forward to being here on the ground to serve our church community and start a small group in our home. That has been the biggest part of our lives over the last ten years, and the people we "do life" with. Who will be those go to people for us this next year? God, show us how to be humble.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yea I agree. Organized, determined, witty, scarry, wordoligist, faithful; those traits spring to mind, humble well I agree we all have areas we work on in our character. Keep running the race, HE is not finished with you yet. tmp
K said…
Be humble as you get ready for a new school year... and if it's anything like this office, be a little crazy!!!
Charlotte Kelly said…
Part of what attracted me to you was your confidence and self assurance. However, I must say, humility loos GOOD on you. I like it! It is the character of Jesus shining through you.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal