Welcome Home

Well, after much ado about summer, vacations, trainings, travellings, etc., Saturday meant piling all the kkft into the van and heading 'home'. After living the last 4 odd weeks out of a suitcase, it certainly felt great having a final destination of our new home in Brooklyn. It was beautiful to look around me in the van and see the three most beautiful girls in my life surrounding me on my journey. However, it was an emotional morning for all as we gave our final hugs and kisses to my family. Friday night meant the panks, the in laws, the cuz's, and us hung out by the fire and had some pie. But the morning brought emotions I may have been ignoring. Maybe I just already detached myself long ago from the idea of leaving our family and friends. Maybe I just realized how hard this is emotionally for everyone. In any case, many tears were spent by a number of people.
But in reading Nehemiah this week, in particular on the first morning official with the kkft in place, this is what was a gift to my soul:

"Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise. 6 You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you. "

You can read all of Nehemiah 9, and you should, because it reminds me of not only my journey, but the journey of so many others that are trying to follow Christ. And the faithfulness of our God that we are so quick to discount. And the fact that He loves us more than anything and continues to pursue us even if we are running in the wrong direction....

Welcome Home, T$. Welcome Home.

Comments

K said…
Woo-hoo that you are there safe and sound and that you guys get to start experiencing real life in Brooklyn!
Charlotte Kelly said…
It definitely feels good to be shacking up with my husband again!
Anonymous said…
Love you! Welcome Home!
~Pickel Head

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal