Choice Really Matters

I know, I know, I know. I have not TAKEN the time to blog this week. I know. It's not that I didn't want to. I did. So many unbelieveable things to write about. The Gerdy family was in town this week, and it was so cool to have them in our new home. Good time had by all, and really enjoyed sharing things in the city with them. Especially enjoyed the 'boys night out' and attending the Staten Island Yankees game. The stadium is right off the Staten Island Ferry, and you overlook the southern tip of Manhattan from your seats. Pretty neat.

Also have really spent this week trying to understand my role in communitas-what is it that God wants me to do to be fully devoted and serving to this church so that others might see Jesus through our work in this great city. I am starting to think I have an idea of the role He has for me here, but I am ever prayerful in that thought process. If you think of it, pray that God will reveal to me what my specific role is in communitas as a church. I am so looking forward to joining a group that plans for the gatherings, and hope that my gifts and talents might be well utilized there.

The work in opening a charter school in this city is incredible, and yet overwhelming at moments. There is so much to do, and days fly by into nights into mornings into days into nights. So spare time has been scaled back to a minimum. However, I am trying to listen and respond to promptings I feel are coming from the Holy Spirit, and don't even know what will come of some of those promptings. But I look to Him to guide my steps each day. I trust more in His will and less in mine when I pay attention.

So, why the title of this post? Because two years ago at this time, I sat in the aud trying to understand my role in the organization I served in R-town. This week, I met in the building adjacent to city hall-New York City Hall. I sat in a room with other charter school representatives (where we learned about the swine flu-sneeze into your elbow, no one touches your germs there), but we all were given time from the Chancellor of Education for the city. He spoke of the important work we were doing, and said "Choice Really Matters." It does. And we all make choices every day. We choose to do right or to do wrong. We choose to serve ourselves or others. We choose to work hard or to slack off. We choose to eat well or to indulge ourselves. We choose to participate in addictive behaviors, even when we know it is unhealthy. Choice Really Matters. This phrase resonated in my mind and my spirit this week. It matters. A lot. Every moment of every day. It matters. So make a choice. Choose wisely. Amen.

Comments

Char said…
THanks for the guilt trip. I feel bad for spending a lazy day with the kids and indulging in ice cream late at night. Ugh. What a loser.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal