Big Culture or small culture

Part of the interesting lifestyle of New York City is the distinct ownership in one's neighborhood. No matter where you live in this grand city, people take great pride in 'their neighborhood'. And you certainly don't want to live in another neighborhood if you like yours. And this is part of my acculturation to New York City, to Brooklyn, and to Windsor Terrace. This is MY neighborhood. And I love it. I am starting to own it, and I'm not even sure that I have the right to own it if I have only lived here for a short time. But I do. Running down third to ditmas today, I saw people of at least seven to ten different ethnicities. And I loved it. I wonder if this will be my neighborhood for a generation? My neighborhood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal