AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh.

Summer vacation. It has always been my favorite time of year, ever since I was a little creeker (pronounced cricker) growing up in Smiths Creek (pronounced crick). Summer time then meant swimming in the pool all day, spending time with my brother and my cousins-Jimmy, Johnny, Todd. If you were lucky, Todd would come and stay in MI, or you got to go to TN to spend some quality summer time. Wiffle ball, bike riding, swimming, camping, at the beach, cruising the strip, family reunion, all kinds of great things.
As an adult, summer vacation for me has been much the same. I'll not soon forget the first summer after getting a teaching job, when superstar asked me what I was going to do or where I was going to work for the summer. I said something like-"I'm not." For educators, I think this is a much needed break from the on-ness of being with kids all day throughout the year. Particularly from a leadership position-you are at every moment through the year-responsible at each moment for the well being of the students and their success.
So this summer my girlies got to do something I cherish as a childhood memory. They got to go with bro and the bama mama and spend some time with their favorite cousins in GA, FL, and in between. The joy they experienced will not soon be forgotten by them, or any of the adults. Then superstar and I come down to get them, and spend time on the boat (thanks jackson), lay by the pool, hang with all four girls, lay in the wading pool and play catch, go for a hike, and all kinds of great things.
Now we're off to NC to see the maid of honor and her fam. Then off to Cedar Pointe for a couple days of leisure. Then the girls will spend a couple of weeks back at grmas while I get back into the swing of things at work. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhh. Summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal