"I smell nice." (Pause) "You do, too."

The fourth of July weekend has come and gone for another year, and what a joyous time of year. So many fond memories of the Walsh family reunion at "Hon and Hon's". As kids, we would hang out and play with our cousins, swim all day, watch fireworks at night, and maybe even spend time in Tennessee if it was your lucky year. But this is the next generation. Now I'm the adult watching the kiddies run and swim and play all day. This year, the fifth of July meant a fiesta bell grande for the kkft as we loaded up for the last (ok, second to last) time to head off to our new home in Brooklyn. Friends and family came to wish us well, spend some time together and enjoy the absolutely perfect day in the sunshine. Laughter, smiles, hugs, and love passed from one to another. Great friends stopped by that we will miss so much at our new residence. Family members that have supported us since childhood and poured love into us will be seen less often because we will live some 600 miles away. But the glory of God pours over us in the blessings he has given us through our friends and family. It is my prayer that we might make new friends of the same type here in Brooklyn, and that our family members will come to visit us here.

But there is no sadness in me-which is somewhat surprising. Do I not have feelings? Of course I do, and I love everyone that came and more. But the time for sadness has come and gone. And now, the joy of Jesus fills my heart as our journey moves onto the next leg and we strive to follow Him in our daily lives, in the place we live, in the relationships we build with others. The joy in my heart this morning as I sit in the sun on our terrace overlooking Brooklyn is inexplicable. The joy I experience is because I have engaged with my Creator in a new way. Could this be 'the year of jubilee' that wessel pointed out to superstar in Isaiah 61? He is doing a new thing. And it is good. Thank you, Jesus.

***Even though we said no gifts for the party, one of the Brats brought us a bag full of goodies. Mostly perfumes and colognes-something superstar and I never buy for ourselves. So as we walked our neighborhood to go get dinner last night at an INCREDIBLE mexican restaurant near us, this is what you heard-"I smell nice." "You do, too."***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal