Los Amigos Invisibles

So last night, the superstar and I just happened to go to a concert in Prospect Park. It is a 10 minute walk to the bandshell where the 'Celebrate Brooklyn' series takes place. Free concerts all summer long (although they ask a 3$ donation to enter) with some really great artists. Last night, we saw 'los amigos invisibles'. Here's how I would describe them: A latin dance/funkadelic/rock/disco/party/clubbin/trance band. Put that category into your i tunes search box, and these guys would come up. I can't even explain how much I enjoyed it. So go buy their album.

This is just one very simple example of the incredible opportunities that are here -I mean right here- in our neighborhood. As I ran the other day in the same park, I was running along the 60 acre lake, looking around at the water, the trees, the lawns that go on forever, and I was saying to myself "I can't even believe that I am running here in this beautiful place". And very clearly, I heard God remind me of Matthew 16:8-9: "You of little faith, why are you talking among yourselves of having no bread? Do you still not understand?" This phrase has been quite meaningful to me the last couple of years, and you can ask pastor or sick pete this question, and a smile will come to their face. Because we doubt the power of God-why do we do that? It is good to remind ourselves of how little faith we have, and to stop and recognize the little things that God does for us. It is important to see those things He does and thank Him for them.

So thank you, God, for allowing me to live in this incredible apartment, in this incredible neighborhood, with this incredible family. Thank you for the beauty of my wife and kids. Thank you for a brother and sister in law that are willing to take our children to florida so that we might get settled in here. Thank you for a family that hosts a 'going away' party for us to spend some time with friends and family. Thank you for the love and grace and mercy you pour onto me, even when I am of little faith. Thank you for helping me to understand.....thank you Jesus and Holy Spirit for showing me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal