Joy, Danger, and Thought Patterns.

Sitting in the ATL this weekend - won a grant to attend a conference here, and that gave me an opportunity to do something I really enjoy - travel.  For work or pleasure, I always enjoy it.  Some people complain about the planes or waiting or delays or crappy whatever, but none of that bothers me.  I really enjoy it.  Why, you ask?  I think it is because I can be among many people - but don't need to engage with them.  In my work, there is not an option of engaging - in order to be successful, I must engage.  With each person I pass, see, enter a room with, etc.  If I don't, people think something is wrong, I don't like them, I'm mean, I even have had some people at our company say that I scare them.  (Even thought we have had limited interaction, sometimes just on the phone.)  Back to the ATL.  I got to spend a couple of days with my brother and his family, and that was such a great time - it is crazy that my nieces are growing up to be these young ladies.  I suppose I am getting more comfortable with my girls doing that as I spend time with them each day and am part of the process, but with the GA girls, I don't get that frequent interaction.  I absolutely LOVED being with them all - I will be sure to mention that my sister-in-law from Alabama made a pecan pie for me because it is my favorite, and she is the best at making them.  The joy I got to share was certainly what God wants all of us to experience - being in a relationship with others where there is no judgment, only love.  And time with my brother is the same - joy.  We don't agree on everything - never have.  But I love him more now than ever, and always enjoy being with him.  One big learning from this week - I read in my devotional: "Thought patterns become etched in our brains."  That hit me really hard this morning, as I don't always have the best thought patterns, and being a thinker, that can sometimes become obsession in my brain thinking about the wrong things, or thinking in the way of the flesh and this world - and that is DANGEROUS.  Look at Malachi 2:15 - 'guard yourself in the spirit'; Matthew 10:7 - 'be on your guard against men'; Matthew 16:11 - 'be on your guard against the yeast'; Luke 12:15 - 'Watch out! Be on your guard....'; 1 Corinthians 16:13 - 'Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.'  All of these are warnings to be careful with this world - to not allow the thought patterns of the flesh and sin to etch into our hearts and minds the evil that Satan so cleverly wants to fool us with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal