Big Stretch.

The throws of winter in Michigan.  As I convalesce (not in Spain) with my second sinus infection of the winter throws, I am at home trying to get healthy, and two snow days weren't even enough to be ready for today.  But it is good.  Ok, the pounding head this morning wasn't so great, but time to be with Jesus this morning has been precious.  There is a big stretch coming in the lives of the KKFT, and I am still in the middle of working through this stretch to understand just what it is that God would have me do going from point A to point B.  I feel in my spirit and my mind I know what that is, and it would be answers to things God has put on my heart for over a year now.  However, it is not something that can happen overnight, and I am really trying to honor others in this, and not just go about it the way I feel best.  That has been my pattern in the past, but God continues to stretch me in my heart, my mind, and my spirit.  I am certain He is doing this because of the time I have spent 'renewing' myself in the ways that I feel God leads me to become more of who He wants me to be.  (See ReCreate Post).  There are selfish bits that continue to pop up into my face in working through the stretching, and one thing that really hit me hard this morning is imagining trying to follow Jesus through all of these things without having someone that is strong in their faith, knowledgeable in the ways of following God, and someone that is willing to love me enough to hold the get right mirror up to me and show me just how ugly I am without Jesus.  I can't tell you how thankful I am, and how much I praise God for the many that have poured into me, challenged me, wrestled with life at my side, and pushed me to engage with God more.  MORE.  Remember that word?  I have had the honor of several others coming alongside both the superstar, our daughters, and myself - and cared so incredibly deep for us that this alone blows my spirit up inside.  And so as I sit and convalesce, I feel that God is telling me that I can plan all I want, I can figure things out all I want to, I can put together timelines and budgets and implementation plans, but those are not His number one priority.  His is the big stretch that continues, and He only cares that my heart, mind, and soul are one with His.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal