Speaking through my Dreams.

I am quite certain that God spoke to me through a dream I had last night, and I felt confirmed in that as I worked my new 'outdoor workout' in the park today. (Watch out aussie!) I woke up in the middle of a dream that was quite vivid. I was seeing this snake that was very large, and very long, I couldn't even see all of him. He was as dark as thunderstorm clouds are - that dark grey/black color, but really really dark. He had no face, but did have arms. He was building a wall of bricks, and slinging mortar or mud all over the bricks he was putting on the wall. The entire wall was covered in this dark sludge of mud so that you couldn't even see the bricks anymore. And I was handing him the bricks. When I handed it to him, he would slap sludge all over it and add it to the wall. As I awoke, I realized this was more than a dream. I felt like God told me to stop handing him the bricks. Because the snake is Satan, and I am choosing to hand him the bricks. I felt like God challenged me. I suddenly came to the realization, I think from the Holy Spirit revealing it to me, that the bricks I was handing him were my sins. And Satan was building this wall between God and I. But I was choosing to hand him the bricks by choosing to sin, and I was the one allowing him to build this wall between God and I. And therein lies God's challenge to me that was very clear this morning. I need to stop handing him the bricks. I am choosing to allow Satan to build the wall. And if I stop sinning, I stop handing him the bricks. And he can't build the wall. I do know that God can tear down the wall that Satan builds, and that is through his forgiveness. This just now came clear to me as the realization that the wall was not very tall. Because even if he builds it, if I ask for forgiveness, God tears down the wall. Just like Gorbachev. Alright, maybe not like Gorbachev. I think this was the clearest revelation God has revealed to me in visual form and through a dream, certainly. Our small group is doing 24/7 with Jesus this week. As I seek Him, he reveals new things to me. Which helps me to know Him. Which leads me to love Him. That allows me to obey Him, and thus builds my belief in Him. And so I seek Him more. As a kindergartener once said to me "Hey, that's a pattern." Thank you God for speaking through my dreams. A new way for you to speak to me. I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal