That's my mommy.

This week has been quite busy, and with much stress involved. Moving away from your parents was not difficult for me to do, just my personality I suppose. Not that I don't miss them, because I DO. But this week, I found out that my mother has cancer. It seems odd to me to even type that last sentence. Surreal. It doesn't seem like that is something that was going to happen to my mommy. Let's start like this-My mom was incredible to us growing up. (And by the by, she still is incredible to us, and even more so to her grandchildren.) As a young child, you don't grasp the reality of what exactly your parents are doing for you. As a young man, you think you know more than everyone else, and that you are invincible, and that your parents are pretty stupid. But now, as a full grown man in his 40's (I know, I know, physically-I am aware of the fact that I often behave like an adolescent) it does sink in just what your parents do for you, especially being a parent of my own children.
My mom was at every game, every play, every event, every milestone for me and for my siblings. Our lives and our events were more important than hers. And I learned so much about being a parent from my mom. I was fortunate enough that my mom was home caring for my siblings and me when we were young. I really don't care who you are or what you say, but my mom is the best mom that ever was. I still learn from her all the time. She will be the first to tell you that she wasn't perfect. I vividly recall so often her saying to us - "You kids are going to drive me crazy." And she meant it. We were definitely challenging, and I may or may not have been leading that charge. But she continues to love us for who we are and who God made us to be. Even this year, with some of the challenges I have personally faced in this move to nyc, I would get a card in the mail from her, just a note to encourage me as we went along.
Mom continues to inspire me through this challenge. Her positive attitude is astounding, and I know that God is helping her each day through this battle. I know that He will continue to strengthen her in the good days and the bad days. It is a bit hard being 600 some miles away, and not being able to stop in and see her, or bring her some flowers to brighten her day, or just to sit with her. But I do that in prayer these days. I pray more for her and my dad now than I ever have at any point in my life. And I know that God is answering my prayers. He may not be answering the prayers with my hopes, but I do know trust and believe He is answering me each day. I know this because I can't do this. I know because without His strength, I wouldn't feel completely peacefull like I do today.
I don't know (again, what a surprise!!) what the future will bring for my mom. Miracles do happen, and that is my hope. I pray for her to continue with her positive attitude, and I pray that God would be with her each step she takes, and that she experiences the peace that transcends all understanding. But just as I was reminded as I watched 'Facing the Giants' Friday night and wept like a school girl - I will praise Him if we win. I will praise Him if we lose. That's my mommy, and I love her so much. I praise Him for having the best mommy. EVAR.

Comments

Anonymous said…
was crying too much to finish reading it the first time. This time I got to the end.
We agree~ she is amazing.
We are praying.
We Believe in the God of miricles.
He is love and gives us His grace daily.
tmp
Anonymous said…
Oh, I was so waiting for words from you Timm, thank you, thank you. What a 12 days it has been, what a family you have, can't wait to see you guys, take care, love to girl, Liz
Kelly said…
Timm Kelly I believe you are a very very special person. Love and prayers to you and your family. Love Big Kelly
Morgan's Mom said…
Love and Prayers to your family. Your Mom is a humble fighter, I pray that she makes it through this battle.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

10 years in a day