Overwhelming Beauty

Today, the beauty that I am surrounded by simply overwhelmed me. First off, my wife is an incredibly beautiful woman. There have been days and seasons in my life that I have not appreciated the depth of her beauty. Her smile. Her laughter. Her servant heart. (Warning-PG rating now in effect) Her smoking hot body.
And if you read superstar now and again, you will see pics like this. My daughters are incredibly beautiful. Allison is becoming such a wonderful young lady, and her beauty is stunning. Olivia also continues to blow me away with the beauty she has. And the beauty of these two is not simply their looks, it's their heart for life and love.
And then I look around me in this incredible city, and beauty is abundant. As I ran around Prospect Park last night, I found new places I had not seen before, and they were all equally beautiful. The trees in fall across the lake, the pinks and blues of the sunset, the elderly couple walking along hand in hand, the high school bee boppers wearing the latest fashion, the smiles of people enjoying each others company. I had a glimpse for a while on the beauty around me.
And as I stroked Olivia's face as she laid in bed, I realized that God opened my eyes once again to the beauty around me, and I saw what He wanted me to see-the good that comes from Him, and the beauty that surrounds me.

Comments

He fulfills the desires of your heart when your trust is in Him.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.