Kind of like a Flu Shot, but different.

This last week has been a bit challenging for me personally. The 'daily grind' as it were began to set in for me at my new school. Moving about in this grand city on a day to day basis is exactly that--a grind. It is hard to move anywhere with the mass of human beings that call NYC home. And yes, I know it is a priviledge to be in this incredible city. But all of this combined with the fact that basically, I have no 'chums', 'pals', 'buddies' or the like in this city is tough. I miss my buds in MI a lot. Especially my boys like sick pete, cayuh, mg, the Donald, moons over my hammy, etc. Then my family also. Even though I would not go out of my way in MI to visit them, having them close meant something. And I am not one to complain. Not one to wallow in squallor. (Thanks hammy) But this week, it has been a bit tough just with the realization of all these things.

Time leap: Saturday. My mom and sis and izorama arrive. It feels like I got a shot in the arm with a booster or something. Just spending some time in this city with them, having them in our apt. this weekend, seeing Alli curled up on the couch with grma last night, first fo real communitas gathering on a Sunday in an awesome place with incredible worship music...

Ok, I'm better now.....thanks mom. I love you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Big tears leaking from my eyeballs. Happy sad mix. the Mommy sentence sent my heart churning. If you must have hard weeks--and we know you must, than I am so glad Your Father knew he was senting the cure before the sickness took over. Love ya; Pickel Head
K said…
yeah for mommies!
Anonymous said…
That's why I coined the phrase "I miss my mommy", so great to have around, and miss them everyday when they are gone from us. Liz
"Sista" Katie said…
We too were "filled up" by our time there. It was a thrill to be there and a joy to see that PRICELESS look on the Kelly girls faces as you walked thru the door with Izzy!! I will not forget those screams and tears of joy for a long time!! Seriously! I found it amazing to see what your "new life" is like and had a blast learning about your day to day grind while there serving God. SO AWESOME and so blessed to have been able to make it happen. I too got a "booster shot" as you referred to it. GOOD TIMES.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.