Every Play Counts

This morning, I was able to really spend some time in the bible and with God. I think God is trying to teach me specifically about 'listening' and about being 'faithful'. I have kept my habit of reading my bible daily, for the most part without fail. However, while working in the D last year, I took time almost daily to 'be still' and listen. This habit has not stuck with me as much, but I feel like I need to get back into that habit, and feel like God is calling me to respond to that.

Anywho-I ran through Prospect Park this morning (3.35 miles in 34:48 booyah), I was enjoying so much the fall colors, the 64 degree weather that I was able to run in shorts and a T-shirt, the smell of the leaves, and all the things that go along with fall. It reminded me of coaching football in MI, and for some reason I was running phrases through my mind that we would share with our players. "Every Play Counts" kept hitting me. And I think it was God telling me that. What a metaphor for the war that goes on each day. Each decision we make is a 'play'. And when we fill our role, and follow Jesus, we gain territory down the field against the other team. When we 'take a play off', we lose ground.

That is the challenge. To make each play count. I have found myself taking plays off, and it doesn't make me feel proud, but I thank God for reminding me of what He calls me to do. And that 'all things are yours', and that 'we have the mind of Christ'. I thank God for the bible and for words to help me move forward and follow Jesus. I am encouraged to make every play count today, and each day this week, month, year.

Comments

K said…
I love when God uses something in your life that you never even related to Him, to draw you closer? It's so silly, but I used to hear the Lord talking to me through Dodge's "Grab Life" that was on Kasey Kahne's car. It seems so silly, but every time I would see that God would start talking to me about getting more involved and not sitting on the sidelines, so that was the time I began leading the small group at OPC that I was in.
Superstar said…
THanks for making every play count with your family this weekend. I noticed your intentional involvement in everything. And, I appreciate it so much. Love you! Glad to be in the game with you.

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.