Praise be praise be.

Today I sit in my new homestead realizing the glory of God and his promise of faithfulness to us. Today was the ribbon cutting for BSCS, and I got to hold the ribbon on the end while students, staff, and school board members did the proverbial cutting of the ribbon. It's still somewhat of an odd sensation when I look around and realize where I am working this school year. I am amazed at the fact that sometimes, I drive over the Brooklyn Bridge. Me. T$. I sometimes see the Empire State Building if I am on a tall building in Brooklyn. I help to set up and tear down equipment for a church that is starting a new thing in Manhattan. I get to run in one of the most beautiful parks I have ever seen in my life. I get to learn things like what language they speak in Nigeria, and I get to hear parents use it when they pick up their kids from school. A school of hope and of promise. I get to find out that the charter met final approval for what may become the school T$ gets to lead, and it may end up being at a location just under 2 miles from our apartment. Dreams sometimes do come true, if you know what I'm saying. So praise be to God for any of you that read this-I feel like Paul today after reading Corinthians in depth the last few days:

1 Corinthians 4-9:
"I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way--in all your speaking and all your knowledge--because our testimony about Christ was confirmed in you. Therefore, you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord is faithful."

I can't believe God called me-it surpasses all my understanding. But I do feel like I get a glimpse of Jesus each day in this city. And I praise Him for His promise of faithfulness. And for calling me. Unbelieveable.

Comments

Morgan's Mom said…
AMEN.
I can't think of a better person(s) that God could have called upon, the Kelly family is so rich in the compassion of others it only seems fit.
Keep doing what you are doing it is an honor to have you and your family in my life it enriches my hope.
Blessings to you and yours!
Peace

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

By far the most beautiful.