People Care About You.

This is a message that came to me today as I walked up the flights and flights of stairs. At the school, I am located on the 4th floor. I never use the elevator, I always walk the stairs (although it was challenging today after so dang many squats in my workout yesterday), and as of late, I have been 'running' the stairs. Not the andrews way of running as if I were practicing for the run up the empire state building, but quickly taking each step instead of the slow walk. But I digress.
The teachers gave me a gift card to starbucks, complete with my new middle name/nickname that 'blast off' gave me. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Starbucks. Joy overwhelms me in the fact that a - they know me; b - the card said 'thank you for keepin' it REAL'; c - people get you gifts because they are thankful (i.e. - I am making a difference); and d - I get to enjoy starbucks.

But that's not even what this post is about. If I had a ritalin salt lick today, I might just sit next to it all day. Last night I got a call from el kittens, and it was exactly what I needed to hear - it was encouraging, non-threatening, yet at the same time pushed my thinking and challenged me on a few things that I needed to be challenged on. Although I was physically and emotionally exhausted (thanks @rocknthemike and superstar for still loving me), I knew when I hung up the phone that I need to be focused on doing the right thing, and doing it the right way. Today I had the confidence to say the things I needed to say in love and let the words work, not my emotions. If I hadn't gotten the call from el kittens, and if I didn't know that she cares about me, I would not have had the courage to do what I needed to do today, and say what I needed to say today. People care about me. And that is the difference between living life to the full, and sitting in your comfortable bubble.

Correlations galore: Jesus cares about me. (Oh yeah, and about you too) And if I know that Jesus cares about me, I 'can do all things through Him', 'nothing is impossible', and 'He will strengthen me'. Today I praise Him for opening my eyes, and allowing the scales to fall off (AGAIN. CAPITAL DUH) so that I might have a glimpse into what love is and how to experience His love anew. Thanks el kittens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal