Creatively Selective

This fall has been a challenge to me, I'm not going to lie. Working in a new position that I was so very excited about has turned into challenges I did not expect, and more difficult than I envisioned the work being. Losing your mother doesn't seem to be a pleasant experience to me thus far, either. Living in a city that I have grown to love also wears on your spirit in so many ways. The 'grind' never had this meaning as I lived in MI, my guess is that that term was developed here in nyc, as this city does tend to grind on you. This is not a negative nelly post, but reality. Working in a school that was at one point identified as the one that I might open in a quite challenging environment is not necessarily my idea of joy to my spirit.
But this is what I have learned this week -----AGAIN. (Insert Capital Duh.) Life sucks. There are 'powers and principalities' in control of this world that we live in, and that blows also. Evil has crept into the crevices of our society, and they seem to at times invade the human spirit. In attempting to be humble and demonstrate humility recently, I have also come to the realization that when you do that people will poop on you. (Sometimes literally) Christianity and Spirituality has become in our society what I am going to entitle 'Creatively Selective'. We try to fit God into our consumeristic boxes (insert Christmas reference here-beautifully wrapped packages, with bows that are perfect, glittery wrapping paper, and just what we want in the box), and of course we are disappointed when that box opens, and it is a terd. (Right rocknthemike?) OK T$, make your point. This week Jesus continues to rescue me from myself and my creatively selective idea of what life should be like. Why does He do this for me? Because I engage with Him daily. I surrender the fact that "I can't do this". This has been my prayer this week, and He continues to rescue me in response to my prayer. He sends loving people into my life - superstar, the aussie, pastors, my villager, and most importantly His Word.

Psalm 77:
"I cried out to God for help; I cried out to God to hear me. When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands and my soul refused to be comforted. I remembered you, O God, and I groaned; I mused, and my spirit fell faint."
..."I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds."

This is the God I believe in. The one who continues to redeem me in my stupidity. The one that loves me so much, I fall down on my knees and beg Him to help me. Today. Tomorrow. Always. I beg you God, to capture my creatively selective thoughts, and fill me with your Love. Your Truth. Your Heart. That I might burst with the Light of the World. For everyone to see You, the Maker of the Earth and 'all that is good'. Praise you. Amen

Comments

Stay on the grind! For what its worth, I actually miss the big G-Rap grind sometimes. Surprisingly...
led lights said…
nice posting keep blogging,

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal