Retirement Plans

Here I sit, by the pool, in Venice, Florida. Sun shining, warm breeze, palm trees, 70 something. Beautiful. I am so fortunate to be able to vacation with my family, and even more fortunate that my in law's have a great place we can stay. I am so happy that Harold worked so hard all his life, and that now he enjoys each day in the sun during the winters. He worked 80 hours a week for years and years and now he reaps the benefits. And so do we. Got to spend an afternoon with the panks as they headed out, and we headed in. Day at the beach. Swimming in the pool. Watching the sunset. Dinner and a play with superstar last night. (Did I mention Chick-Fil-A for dinner on the way down and Waffle House for breakfast? mmmmmmmmm) And I get to run and exercise each day in the warmth. As I ran today, I spent time praising God for all of the above mentioned things. Danny Cox music brings joy to my heart from God. Immediate engagement with the holy spirit when I listen to it. And as I finished up my run around the Bird Bay, I pondered what retirement would be for the kk's. My thoughts on retirement used to include something like Harold and Donna have. Working for years and years, and finding a spot in a warm place to enjoy. But I wonder if that is what we will do? I don't think so, but you never know. There may be something like this for us-where we can continue to serve our neighbors like we try to do on our street now. Or maybe we will never take that step. But much like the Danny Cox song says:
"All my thoughts, all my plans. Take me Lord, As I Am."

Comments

If not, we got heaven going for us...which is nice

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal