The beauty is around you. If you look.

Today the weather is so unbelievable, it brings joy to my heart that the warm breeze and the sunshine are warming my skin. After a wonderful morning on the lanai/terrace/deck/balcony/outdoor space/thingy drinking coffee and reading the bible, and having the 'combo' pancakes with both banana and chocolate chips with a side of bacon (superstar rules), I decided to go for a long bike ride. I was inspired by the art teacher that told me he did one this week that made his legs tired. So I donned the ipod, the helmet, and the bike. Thanks to my birthday money from my mommy last year, I can tell you my ride was 21.16 miles long, and I had an average speed of 10.6 miles per hour. It was a glorious ride. Through downtown brooklyn. Across the Brooklyn Bridge. Over to the west side. Up the bike path to the Intrepid. 10 miles there, 10 back-more or less. What beauty there is in this city. Beautiful buildings. Streets. People. Parks. Rivers. Trees. Children. Birds. Boats. Streets. Bridges. Really, if you look around you, this is one of the most unreal places on earth. And today I got the chance to look around at some of that beauty. And this little man from the 'creek' (yes, pronounced CRICK) riding his bike through two boroughs. What is up with that? How did God come up with this plan?

So here comes a shout out. Shout out to my mom. If you read this blog, you know some of the recent challenges the kkft has faced. Nothing monumental, but challenging. My mom has sent me a couple of cards, left me messages, emailed me, just to encourage me in my walk. It is so great to feel that support from so many miles away. So thanks to ma ma ma ma mom. Ma ma ma ma Mom. It means a lot to me. And speaking of mothers, a week from now, we will be in Florida on our spring breaks. Looking forward to the sun and fun that Florida time always brings. And I hope to look around at the beauty of palm trees, orange groves, sandy beaches, and swimming pools. And a lanai. A real one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal