Cancelled. Still On. Cancelled. Still On.


This was the jist of the day yesterday. I was scheduled to meet with the board last night for the 'final reinterview'. I get a call at about 11:30 ish and I asks if I knew that the meeting was cancelled. "No." So I says alright, I'll find out because I just got an email that it's cancelled. I'm literally laughing at this point, because at first I thought he was messing with me. He calls back, it is cancelled, but he needs to find out more. No news for hours. So at first, I'm just laughing about it. Then I start to actually think about and process it. Now I'm getting mad. So I am supposed to meet pastor after the meeting in the city. I call and say let's meet earlier. Throughout the afternoon I prayed a bunch just asking OK, God, what is going on here? Is this not for me? Am I doing something wrong? And I tell Him I know you have power over everything, so if you could, just make this happen today. Don't delay it anymore. You could change this right now if you wanted to. Alright, pastor, meet you in Union Square. Hop the train to the city. Get off. Voice mail. Must be Craig I think, maybe late? Listen to it. I calling me back. The board still wants to meet with me at 5:30. Lucky for me, I still have my suit on, and I'm in the city. Lucky for me, I didn't go home first and change. So I hop a cab to midtown. Meet with the board. From my end, it's a 14 on a scale of 1 to 10. I tell superstar after, if they don't hire me after that, they are just stupid. That's all. Stupid. So I meet with pastor afterwards (see photo). It's a little bit different view than other interviews I've walked out of in the past. Grab a mcdon burger (that was delicious) and head off to the Pig and Whistle for a beer. Delicious. Great conversation on how God continues to stretch us in this city. So today I may find out if I 'gots a job yet' (ty sick pete) or not. Either way, the sun is up, I'm breathing, and life is good.

Comments

Your use of "I" in this post made me question myself...thought maybe you learned to speak Brooklynese or something. I finally got "I" stands for a name; right? Anyway, I'm dying over here! Any news yet? Praying for you my brother.
Anonymous said…
Or, maybe not today :) We wait, and enjoy life in the waiting place...superstar
Anonymous said…
So glad you posted the pic with the new. Because you know we were thinking "So what were you wearing?"

They arn't st*^#d (we don't use that word in our house). They will know to keep you!

God works all this...for those who love Him and are called to His purpose....
something like that I don't have my bible around.
Pickel Head

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal