Open your horizons, jackelope.

Some of you have sent me encouragement, called me, or elevated your prayer game for our family this week. Whatever it was that you did, I thank you for it. Please know that although the post was entitled "Shattered Dreams", I was never in an emotional place where I really felt that completely. It was more of a tongue in cheek response, if you know what I'm saying. Today, I am well and renewed in my efforts to shine light in this world. It only took me about 48 hours or so to make that turn around, and I am certain that God has renewed my ability to live in this world, even in the midst of disappointment.

I was asked by m and m to write a letter of encouragement to my friend JB. It brought tears to my eyes as I realized what it meant to be asked to do this for JB as she heads off to a retreat weekend. If you could, pray for both JB, MM, and CB this weekend. That God would overwhelm all of them with his love and grace. Anywho-I came to the realization of what these three people mean to me, even though I only see them periodically. I know that God has put a special place in my heart for all three of them, and I thank him for that. I know that while I wrote this letter of encouragement, I cried for JB because she means much to me, and I knew that in my head, but didn't feel that in my heart.

So there is someone that you know you care about. Deeply. But you never tell them that. Spend some time praying for that person right now. Ask God to reveal how much you care for them, and how much He cares for them. Then call them, write them a letter, go see them. Tell them how much you care about them. They might not know, so you need to tell them. Go.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I read your post then "threw it on the ground". Nobody tells me how to care deeply.

LOL
You are the best. I love the balance in your life. Tender and hysterical.
Pickel Head

Popular posts from this blog

Too, Too, Too Much Fun

Big Difference.

My Communication Arsenal